Package lost/missing!!! Grr

Discussion in 'macOS' started by rosh325, Oct 26, 2007.

1. rosh325 macrumors regular

My Father-in-law was kind enough to surprise me with leopard...at least that was his intention. Checking the fedex tracking today showed "package delivered" with a subsequent note of "customer access delay". The problem? I don't have a package!

Call 1: To Fedex
    -Told them I did not have my package
    -Was told package is at Fedex facility as they did not have my full address(only name, apartment #, and zip)
    -They will not allow me to tell them my address, they say apple must call, that apple messed up, and that apple has been making mistakes all day
    -They don't care that my confirmation email from apple order has my full address listed

Call 2: Apple (1st attempt;wait time <2 min):
    -Rep says she will call Fed-ex, I'm on hold
    -Rep asks if I would be willing to pick it up from Fed-ex. I express dismay but don't really care at this point since overnight shipping was free
    -I'm put on hold, only for the call to disconnect

Call 3: Apple (2nd attempt; Wait time >5min)
    -Explain story again
    -Rep calls fed-ex, is told by Fed-ex that my address was known the whole time and that it was delivered
    -I tell rep that I have no package, have been waiting all day by the window so I haven't missed the truck.
    -Fed-ex tracking shows a signature online (it's a single wavy line) with the name listed as ".PER APPLE"
    -Rep asks if I can hold while she talks to her manager
    -Phone suddenly transfers me (while I was supposed to be on hold) to someone's voicemail at APPLE

Call 4: Apple (3rd attempt; Wait time >5min)
    -Start by giving rep my phone # so I can be called if this happens again!
    -Rep says neither fed ex, nor apple know what's going on/who's telling the truth.
    -Rep says Apple is "investigating" and that I will hear from them with-in 24hrs
    -After 24hrs, can choose replacement or refund
    -Explain to rep that refund won't help since this was a gift (so I can't really go into the store and buy it myself).
    -Rep apologizes and tells me to wait for an email

So here I am, very confused and without Leopard. I don't know why fed-ex told me/apple two different stories, or how it could have been delivered to another address since I'm in a Chicago suburb that shouldn't be hard to identify....and why it said ".PER APPLE" as a signature line, let alone the "customer access delay". I hate waiting games. Meanwhile, if I hear back from them today, and they have to send a replacement, I'm wondering if they can call my local apple retail store and authorize them to give me leopard (that way, they're still being paid as they have the original charge from my father-in-law and I can have it today. Like I said, my going into an apple store and using my credit card to buy it, and having my father-in-law cut me a check kind of defeats the fun "gift" aspect of it and kind of seems impersonal.

Fed-ex and Apple: It just works....kind of...maybe? Well at least it's working for most

2. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

I'm sure that they will "work it out" for you eventually but THAT SUCKS!!!!

If you go purchase one today, couldn't you return the unopened copy when it eventually arrives?

3. rosh325 thread starter macrumors regular

UPDATE: My father-in-law called fedex (not wanting to wait for apple),and this time he was told that it was sitting on a truck, waiting to be delivered and that Fed-ex was "overwhelmed by the number of packages being delivered for Apple today)....still seems kind of stupid, you would think they would anticipate these things. Anyway, Leopard is now in my hands so I'm happy, but what an experience. I'll post a picture of the "signature" that was so ridiculous

4. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411