Package size

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by zumpy, May 12, 2015.

1. zumpy macrumors member

How big is the box that UPS delivers for a single watch?
    U ndoubtedly
    P retty
    S tupid
    Don't they realize most folks have to work for a living and can't just take a day off because they might make a delivery!

2. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68000

LoveToMacRumors

3. flur macrumors 68000

Way bigger than you'd think it should be. 7.5 x 7.25 x 4.25 inches for the SS.

The sport watch box is a different shape so...I don't know about that one.

4. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

For reference.

Attached Files:

5. zumpy thread starter macrumors member

6. baller1308 macrumors 6502a

The sport's packaging is about 3in x 3in x 15in. It's a little bit heavier than anticipated as was the box for the SS.

7. BillyTrimble macrumors 6502a

Huh? Why are you blaming UPS????

Apple is the one requiring a signature. You know in advance when UPS will deliver. And you can request that UPS hold your package at their facility for you to pick it up. I drove into downtown Los Angeles to get mine in the morning rather than wait all day for the delivery.

All the delivery services can and have made mistakes in the past. It's inevitable. But I fear that your harsh statement has brought upon you very bad karma and your watch will undoubtable be lost by UPS and you will enter a form of h**l trying to get it. But good luck.

8. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

9. opill macrumors newbie

You should always be eager to accept a large package.

10. jkun macrumors member

Don't blame the UPS. It's apple that requires signature. It's also apple that ships the watch in a mysteriously heavy box. I think the plastic box has like lead in it or something. it's much heavier than you think, but that also makes it a nice box, which I'll probably keep. I got the stainless steel btw.

11. HippieMagic macrumors 6502

I picked up the box earlier when it came and was like "dear god if it is this heavy on my wrist I'm going to need one on each arm."

12. ricktat macrumors 6502a

Small box but you will think a bowling ball is inside because of the weight.

13. Subdiv macrumors 6502

14. MartyCan macrumors 65816

MartyCan

Is that his D--k in a box?

15. J.gerbes macrumors 6502

In UPS's defence, it was apple who put the watch in such a crazy big box

16. MartyCan macrumors 65816

MartyCan

I like the box but I do wonder how Apple is getting Carbon neutral with so much heavy plastic in this. The watch itself weighs almost nothing. The shipping package is 2 lbs. (Sport).

17. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Yes. Attempting to get a lost package from UPS is right up there with sensory deprivation. I feel like I'm stuck in a perverse version of the movie "Groundhog Day."

I'll wake up one morning and know what I should do.

18. MLVC, May 12, 2015
    Last edited: May 12, 2015

MLVC macrumors 6502

Does anybody know the exact dimensions (in cm) and weight (in kg) for me? I need to arrange pickup of my watch in Australia. Of the SS

19. grenhall macrumors regular

1,4 kg
    17,78cm x 17,78cm x 10,16cm

20. MLVC macrumors 6502

Perfect! Thank you. :)

21. bushido Suspended

bushido

what does the size of a box have to do with being at work during delivery? o_O

22. zumpy thread starter macrumors member

Well if it doesn't fit in my mail box, the driver is likely to leave it outside,in the rain! So ladies, size does matter. I realize Apple dictates that they get a signature, but wouldn't you think they would attempt delivery when people are most likely to be at home! What are you doing most days at 11:00 am, sitting by the pool? I wish I were, but no, I have to work.
    I would think there would be enough intelligent individuals working at UPS to have figured out by now, that the optimal time to make a delivery is before people go to work, or after they get home from work.
    The amount of time and energy wasted to make 3 attempts, when one timely attempt would suffice, must be huge!

23. TEBnewyork macrumors regular

well perhaps ship to work next time or once you get the notice from UPS you can generally go and pick it up.

24. zumpy thread starter macrumors member

While that may work for some, I am not able to get items shipped to my work. Contacting them is next to useless. They made some lame excuse about being late due to customs, yet I could see it had already made it to a city near me! Until they have made 3 attempts, it pretty much stays in the truck. Makes it nearly impossible to get them to leave it at a depot so you can drop in on the way home from work. Which would save everybody time and trouble.
    Unfortunately the UPS plus service, or whatever it's called, is not available in my area. So I'll wait and see if the attempt they make today is at a later time.

25. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

UPS (like FedEx) runs a fixed route delivering to 100s of addresses a day. How can they schedule all of these deliveries for "when people are most likely to be at home"?