Packing charger with the laptop on same bag - bend bound to happen?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Wrathard, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Wrathard macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

Just got a brand new macbook pro 15 inch - got a quick question regarding how should I pack the laptop when I'm on the move.

I usually pack the laptop along with its charger on the same carry bag, but I've heard stories of people getting the case bent when they pack the machine along with their chargers or along some books.

Just wanted to know how you guys manage the charger when you're on the move? do you keep it in a separate bag or is this a non issue?

Thanks!

2. CaptRB macrumors 6502a

CaptRB

Laptop should always be well protected in its own area or you may end up with dents, dings, bends or even scratches on display.

Wanna keep it nice?

Buy a good shoulder bag that has a PADDED area (both sides). Buy an inexpensive sleeve. Put the laptop in the sleeve and then into the bag. Chargers and mice belong in an EXTERNAL pocket. Never put the laptop in a backpack or bag loaded with books or you're just daring the MacGods to strike you down.

Is a 50 dollar bag and sleeve worth protecting your expensive laptop?

R.

3. SteveJUAE macrumors 68000

SteveJUAE

Pack the charger in a separate pocket in a bag away from the laptop

If you are a flyer the little free goodies bag are ideal for loose bits dongles, charger etc etc, else an unused make-up pouch is similar if not supplied with your bag

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I keep the charger in a seperate pocket so it doesn't directly press up against the laptop