Pacman or Ms Pacman/Retro Games

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by tokyoblue, Oct 24, 2008.

1. tokyoblue macrumors newbie

tokyoblue

I know they are pricey, but I'm feeling nostaligic. Can't remember if Ms Pacman had anything to offer over the original. Does anyone recommend one over the other?

I wish there were more "retro" games available. I'm thinking of also picking up the Tempest clone and maybe the LED football game when the upgrade comes out.
    Anyone know any other of these kind of games coming out?

2. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

the only difference i know of between Pac-Man and Mrs. Pac-Man is that in one of them the ghost have a set pattern to travel but in the other one the ghost travel randomly. i can't remember exactly which one is random but i'm 70% sure that Mrs. Pac-Man is the random one.

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I prefer Ms. Pacman. The bonus fruit travel around the board and are easier to get.

4. Lunchbox700 macrumors regular

ms pacman is faster, and there are more maze patterns in ms. pacman also

5. Luap macrumors 65816

Luap

I got the original Pacman one, and its pretty good :) No regrets here. I like a bit of retro gaming and this satisfies my itch quite well.
    I also noticed the other day there is a "free" Pacman lite available now too. Worth a go :)

6. rockstarjoe macrumors 6502a

rockstarjoe

"See... she has a bow in her hair..."

Sorry, old Wayne's World reference. :)

7. tokyoblue thread starter macrumors newbie

tokyoblue

Thanks! I tried the free version, and that's why I decided to shell out for the full one. I think I'll go with Ms Pacman.

8. equlizer macrumors regular

ya know if they added the turbo mode (where you ate the hearts) I would def buy it or if they made super pacman.

9. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I still think Namco needs to work on their pricing. I was born during the Pac-Man craze, but why spend $8-10 on that when I can get Spore Origins, something much more in-depth, for $8? It just doesn't seem worth it compared to what else is out there. Seems like at maybe $3.99 it would move a lot better.

10. tokyoblue thread starter macrumors newbie

tokyoblue

Yeah. I agree that $3.99 or $4.99 would probably be the best price point. Pacman lite shot up to number 1 in the free category, so obviously people are interested in it, but at the current price only people who are feeling nostalgic will probably pay $7.99. There's no way I would have paid $9.99, and I'm even thinking of holding off for a bit to see if the price falls further.

Anyway, I see your point about Spore Origins, but, for me, I don't think I could get into really complex games on my phone. I originally thought it would be cool to get really complex stuff on the iPhone, but right now I'd rather have a 1980's arcade in my pocket.

A game like "Gauntlet" would even be fun.