Pad and Quill "College Edition"

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by glen e, Sep 15, 2011.

1. glen e, Sep 15, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2011

glen e macrumors 68030

Pleasantly surprised - they turned this order around in 5 days! This is really a nice case. The wood is 1st class, the color is very unique and it has a great fit (for now). Quality of build is meticulous.

For $50 it's a great value - no cam hole or auto cover power off....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

gonna have a pro use a router, and mount a clear back inside the frame for long term grip....
    but they came up with three great combos for colors, IMO:
    [​IMG]

2. accessoriesguy macrumors 6502a

wow that is a great looking case! i like it a lot! :)

i'd prefer felt on the inside part where it covers the screen from the inside, i just like how felt feels and how it makes things look classy.

3. Sixtafoua macrumors 6502

Sixtafoua

I think the "college edition" is awesome, I actually like the looks of the outside of it more than the "octavo", and I'd definitely buy it if it had the magnet for smart-cover functionality.

I have the Pad and Quill "octavo" case, and everyone at my school thinks I made the case. It's so strange, I don't understand it, how would I be able to make a leather-bounded case like this? And then I tell people it's supposed to look like a book, in which they respond, "what type of book has plywood pages?".

It's so frustrating, because at school everyone says the exact same rude things upon seeing the case, where as, here on the internet, everyone thinks the case is awesome and professional looking.

4. glen e thread starter macrumors 68030

I have had the same comment and don't understand it as well....I think it's the wood thing......but I'm over the auto power on feature - my auto off is set for two minutes and it just is not a problem to touch the power button (easy and not a "magical" button like portenzo)...

5. swedefish macrumors 6502

Beautiful case. This is the one I am getting when I get my iPad2. :D

6. glen e thread starter macrumors 68030

Just got back from a road week from hell with this case....5 airports, breaking down and setting up for 10 presentations and the case in and out of my timbuk2 bag hundreds of times. Case still fits perfect and looks brand new. Many great comments along the way.

PS iPads no longer have to be pulled from any case at TSA....something about being solid state and no moving parts....