Pad and Quill oxford case and valet bag for ipad pro

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Farrellcollie, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Farrellcollie, Jan 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2016

Farrellcollie macrumors 6502

I just received my pad and quill oxford case and valet bag for the ipad pro. Both are well made and look great. I will add photos as soon as I figure out how.

The oxford case securely holds (or seems to at this point) the ipad and makes it quite easy to prop up on my lap and fit with an external keyboard on the leather cover (I use the apple keyboard). It is stable to type on. The smart cover feature works well. The pocket seems to work better for papers than holding the apple pencil - with the pencil it is just lumpy and odd for me and I worry about it breaking or falling out.
    http://www.padandquill.com/cases-for-ipad/oxford-leather-ipad-pro-case.html

Sadly the valet bag is not wide enough to fit with either the apple smart cover and back nor the pad and quill oxford case on the ipad pro. In fact, it was hard to fit the naked ipad pro into the bag (although as it is leather, it would probably stretch out some and be easier to fit in eventually) - the bag itself is well made and gorgeous, just not practical for my needs which include keeping the ipad in some sort of case. The bag I received is an inch shorter across than the measurements given on the website. Mine is 12.5 x 10 and the measurements given are 13.5 x 10. That inch difference is significant.
    http://www.padandquill.com/cases-for-ipad/ipad-pro-cases/valet-leather-bag-for-ipad-pro.html

2. Macalway macrumors 68000

Man, it sounds like they actually F'd it up.

Money back?

3. Farrellcollie thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes - I wrote them and they gave me the address to send it for a return. I sort of wonder if they sent the wrong one because the measurements are more what is posted on their site for the macbook 12 inch., but the other reviewer noted the same thing about the ipp not fitting in the bag with the apple cover on it.

It was disappointing because the bag itself is quite nice. But I did not want to remove the cover from the ipp every time I wanted to use the bag to carry it someplace and it was quite tight even with no cover or case on it at all.

4. batristain macrumors 6502

batristain

Due to lack of nice looking cases that are compatible with the ASK I'm seriously considering the P&Q Oxford case - does it still close nicely with the ASK attached? How about when you want to use it book style - is it cumbersome? I have a case I received from Amazon that was suppose to be ASK compatible and although in theory the keyboard will attach to the while it's in the case it's very awkward and I ended up just buying a cheaper ESR shell to use with my ASK.

Thanks!

Cheers,
    Bobbie

5. Farrellcollie thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't know if it would work the ipp apple attached keyboard or not. It might work but be clunky I think because of the case already having a front cover on it.
    I use a logitech k811 bluetooth keyboard with it and it also worked great with an old apple bluetooth keyboard I had from my imac- they both worked great because the keyboard sits on the little ledge created by the case when folded to stand up in the landscape position.

6. batristain macrumors 6502

batristain

Yeah I was worried it would be too bulky - I want to keep my ASK with me without carrying it separately. I will continue with my quest for a case :)

7. Farrellcollie, Mar 22, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2016

Farrellcollie thread starter macrumors 6502

I just tried my apple silicon smart cover on the IPP along with the oxford case - it was not too bad. I think the keyboard cover might be thicker than the plain one - if it is not thicker - it might work when closed and not be too thick. It is a little odd when I try to use the landscape stand part on the oxford case with the cover also extended. I was trying it in my lap which could have made a difference - but it was less stable than without the extra cover and it extended too far into my lap to be comfortable for me.
    May I ask why you want a cover on top of the ASK? I thought (and I could be very mistaken) the ASK along with back shell took the place of a cover.

Here are some pictures with the extra cover on it.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 22, 2016 ---
    IMG_0336.JPG IMG_0337.JPG IMG_0338.JPG

8. batristain macrumors 6502

batristain

THanks! THe reason I'm reason I'm looking for another cover is the two choices that work with the ASK are gray or white. It's less than stellar. I like the look of a nice leather case but I want to keep the ASK on the iPad so I always have it with me. I also have the Moxiware magnetic sleeve for my pencil - I spend a lot of time during the day in landscape mode and use the keyboard. I take notes with the pencil a few times a day and lay the iPad flat in portrait mode. At night I'm usually reading or playing games with the iPad in my lap.

I'm still on the lookout for just a leather back cover but so far I haven't found one that works with the ASK. I was hoping the announcement earlier this week might have included more options but behold they only expanded the cases for the 9.7 iPad not the 12.9 :(

THanks for posting the pics - that's helpful. The case I got from Amazon that is ASK compatible really doesn't work unless you have it in Landscape and then you have to remove it if you want to turn it to portrait and put it in your lap.....very cumbersome design.

CHeers,
    Bobbie