Pad & Quill Debuts Leather Apple Pencil Grip Accessory

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Feb 22, 2017.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Pad & Quill has created a Leather Apple Pencil Grip that allows users to get a better hold of the Apple Pencil when drawing or working on a compatible iPad. The grip accessory comes in a two-piece construction, with one piece towards the bottom of the pencil to provide the holding grip, and the other towards the top that acts as a clip and Lightning cap holder.

[​IMG]

Like all of Pad & Quill's leather products, the Apple Pencil Grip is made of full-grade American leather so it's unique and is "designed to age with use and break in like an old baseball glove." Due to the Apple Pencil's traditional, slippery nature, the company says that the grip gives users an advantage when using Apple Pencil, from more comfortable work sessions to not losing it when it rolls off of a table thanks to the custom pen clip.
    Users can pre-order the Leather Apple Pencil Grip in Chestnut, Whiskey, and Galloper Black today for $49.95. Pad & Quill's new accessory will then begin shipping sometime in early April, but the company didn't give a specific launch date yet.

[​IMG]

Some rumors have pointed towards a second generation of Apple Pencil coming as soon as next month, at what is believed to be an iPad-centric March event. Features for the device remain unclear, but potential possibilities might be an expansion of the areas within iOS that supports Apple Pencil use, as well as an integrated magnet that would let users attach the accessory to the side of the iPad.

Article Link: Pad & Quill Debuts Leather Apple Pencil Grip Accessory

2. 6836838 Suspended

The obsession with leather products at MR always makes me giggle :)

3. Quu macrumors 68030

Quu

4. ShadowYYZ macrumors 6502a

ShadowYYZ

As soon as I saw the title. I knew it be about 50$.

5. Scottsoapbox macrumors 6502a

Scottsoapbox

6. rudychidiac Suspended

rudychidiac

7. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Awesome. Just in time for the completely redesigned Apple Pencil II.

Personally this is over the top and looks heavy. I'll stick with my .99 rubber pencil grip -- available at any office supply store and my $3 top holder from eBay. Together they do the same as this and look just as silly but for $45 so less.

And $45! that is nearly half the price of the pencil itself.

8. iPhysicist macrumors 65816

iPhysicist

Those accessoires are kind of ugly! Even as a geek you would not wear this in your lab coat front pocket.

9. Jyby macrumors 6502

I wonder why people feel the urge to buy these things... Seems like a waste of money. But I'm definitely a minimalist; things have to have a legit function..

10. mainomega macrumors 6502

Can't wait to buy this for my hipster friend.
    Otherwise useless.

11. jdclifford macrumors 6502