Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Pad & Quill today announced the launch of a new series of iPhone 12 cases, all of which are MagSafe-compatible and designed to work with Apple's newest iPhone 12 devices.

pad-and-quill-magsafe-traveler.jpg

The Traveler LeatherSafe iPhone 12 case is made from artisan leather with a built-in magnetic ring and a secure tension fit that shapes to the iPhone 12.

It features two-meter drop protection and the design leaves ports and cameras accessible. The volume buttons are functional and accessible through the leather. The Traveler Case is priced from $59.95 to $69.95 and is available for the iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, and 12 Pro Max.

The Woodline Edition iPhone 12 Cases are made from a single piece of walnut or cherry hardwood and have a built-in magnet hidden in the wood case to make them compatible with Apple's MagSafe charger and accessories.

pad-and-quill-magsafe-woodline.jpg

The Woodline case is precision designed to fit each iPhone 12 model, offering access to all ports and buttons. The cases also offer strong drop protection and each one is unique and hand polished. The Woodline Case is priced at $49.95 and is available for the iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, and 12 Pro Max.

The cases can be pre-ordered from the Pad & Quill website. The Woodline cases will ship at the end of January, while the Traveler cases will ship the week of February 14.

Article Link: Pad & Quill Debuts New MagSafe-Compatible iPhone 12 Cases

contacos

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
Cool but where are all the nice MagSafe accessories, that aren’t cheap 3 bucks knock offs from China? A magnetic stand would be cool or a battery pack, that you can just snap on the back

SirChristopher

macrumors member
Feb 15, 2019
Serious question - who the heck buys these types of cases? Bulky, unattractive, giant button cut outs (dust!!!), and tacky laser engraved logos. It screams Mall Kiosk. Seriously, on a design scale these types of cases are the polar opposite of the iPhone they're protecting, and I just don't get it.

tgwaste

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2013
It’s all personal preference, but I have the Bullstrap Portfolio (Ocean) for my 12 Pro. The leather is REALLY nice leather. Much nicer than Apple’s. But as far as looks, again, that’s personal preference.
I found the BullStrap cases to be really bad. :(. Ive returned every product from them I've tried.

• Sad
Reactions: decypher44

7thson

macrumors demi-god
May 13, 2012
Six Rivers, CA
I know Pad & Quill are known for quality but that leather case reminds me of arts and crafts leather projects from summer camp. Harsh? Hyperbolic? Yeah, probably but I just can’t not see it. So that being said, if my kid brought it home from summer camp, I would love it. All other situations 🤮

BarrettF77

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2015
The leather one looks like what my son would come home from elementary school with piecemealed together. The wood is neat but totally impractical. P&Q should stick to straps and bags. Cases are just not their strong suit regarless if Apple's cases are expensive and unreliable as ever.

• Haha
Reactions: Moi Ici

odonnelly99

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2013
Austin, TX
The wooden doesn't look too bad, but that leather one looks a right mess imo!
Yeah, that looks terrible. It looks like the iPhone doesn’t even fit securely in it. I hope the finished version looks much better than that — P&Q are a good company and normally make really nice stuff.

iGüey

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2020
Mexico City
Not even my 67 years old aunt would have the courage to use that horrible and old-fashioned leather case! 🤣

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.