Pad & Quill "Luxury" watch stand

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by susan12369, May 20, 2015.

1. susan12369 macrumors 6502

Apr 20, 2015
    I received today my Pad & Quill "luxury" watch stand. I have been anxiously awaiting it's arrival. Now I'm just disappointed. Rough places and edges in several places, nothing about this says "luxury". Yes, I could take some sandpaper to it, but for $70 that's not the quality I expect. I will be returning it and again on the hunt for a bedside stand...

(I do not have the charger with me, so I tightened my watch band to make it stay in place in the photos)

Attached Files:

2. Antgb84 macrumors 6502

Mar 9, 2013
    Return it if you aren't happy, they've got stellar customer service.
  3. wanderfowl macrumors member

May 6, 2015
    Michigan, US
    Sorry to hear they're mostly marketing. Does the charger fit well, at least?
  4. HelloMikee macrumors 6502a

Jun 16, 2009
    San Diego
    I think they have some cool products but I'm definitely not a fan of wood stands for the apple watch that have a more rustic feel/look to them.

Wouldn't mind a wood stand that looked modern though.
  5. AbeFrohman macrumors 6502

Mar 18, 2011
    Yeah, sorry... that looks like a high school woodshop project. Does the charger cable stick out the top?
  6. Mumbles01 macrumors regular

May 10, 2015
    70$ for that?!
    I could build that with less then 10$ of materials in a few hours & have it look identical.
  7. susan12369 thread starter macrumors 6502

Apr 20, 2015
    Yes, it wraps over the top of the stand. Definitely not luxury, not worth $70. I left an honest review on the company's site, which oddly enough has not been published... ;)

actually I bet you could have it look better.
  8. Peedy macrumors newbie

Sep 12, 2014
    I bought one in dark wood with travel case as well...thought would be nice on vacations and such. We will see once it arrives