Pad & Quill Promoting iPhone X Cases by Offering a Chance to Win a Free 256GB iPhone X

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Oct 2, 2017.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

With just about one month to go before the release of the iPhone X on November 3, Pad & Quill today announced a notable giveaway that will deliver a brand new 256GB iPhone X to its winner. At launch, the 256GB model will cost $1,149 in the United States.

To enter for a chance to win, you'll have to either order an iPhone X case made by Pad & Quill or sign up for an email newsletter on the company's site before October 25, and afterwards you'll be automatically entered into the iPhone X contest. Note that only United States residents 18 years or older are eligible to enter.

[​IMG]
    The Bella Fino iPhone X Wallet Case

There are six iPhone X cases currently available to order on Pad & Quill's website, each with different exterior and interior color options, which we've listed below. Most of the cases are up for pre-order with a mid-November delivery estimate, and only the Timberline Case is in stock now.

[​IMG]
    The Timberline Case for iPhone X

Pad & Quill has confirmed to us that the following accessories encompass all of the cases that will gain you entry into the iPhone X raffle:
    [*]Timberline Case for iPhone X - $39.95
    [*]Little Pocket Book iPhone X Wallet Case - $79.95
    [*]Bella Fino iPhone X Wallet Case - $89.95
    [*]Luxury Pocket Book iPhone X Wallet Case - $99.95
    [*]Heritage Bella Fino iPhone X Wallet Case - $109.95
    [*]Heritage Pocket Book iPhone X Wallet Case - $119.95
    Entries for the contest stack as well, so if you order three cases, you'll be entered to win an iPhone X three times.

[​IMG]

This week, Best Buy has also marked down a handful of Ultimate Ears Bluetooth speakers by between $20 and $100, including the new WONDERBOOM speaker ($79.99, down from $99.99) and MEGABOOM ($199.99, down from $299.99). If you're a My Best Buy member, you can also save $40 on the 2017 9.7-inch iPad in 32GB and 128GB models through October 7. This means you can get the cheapest model -- $329.99 with 32GB -- for just around $290.

More information on this week's sales -- including $20 off the Nanoleaf Aurora Modular Smart Lighting Kit at The Home Depot -- can be found in our Deals Roundup.

Update: Pad & Quill has updated its giveaway terms to note that no purchase is required and that completing email registration on the company's site is sufficient to enter the giveaway. The email newsletter sign up link is available at the bottom of any page on Pad and Quill's site. We've updated our post accordingly.

Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with these vendors

Article Link: Pad & Quill Promoting iPhone X Cases by Offering a Chance to Win a Free 256GB iPhone X

2. JosephAW macrumors 68020

JosephAW

Whatever happened to "no purchase necessary"?

3. justperry macrumors G3

justperry

This is at the least...odd, why the hell should I buy a case without buying the iPhone X first, if I buy the case I buy the phone, so then I have 2.

4. blairh macrumors 68040

blairh

5. zstrip macrumors newbie

But if you don’t win you’re just left with a lame ass looking case.

6. rbramseyjr macrumors newbie

ordered, but i haven't seen anything official from pad & quill. hoping this is legit...

7. shareef777 Suspended

shareef777

"giveaway" ... after you spend at least $40 :confused:

8. Jimmy Bubbles macrumors 6502

Jimmy Bubbles

So buy a few cases, then return them before the return period is up..? That’s what I’m hearing.

9. ck2875 macrumors 6502a

ck2875

Those are all pretty fugly. Like why would someone get a phone with minimal bezels only to add giant wooden ones?

[​IMG]

10. Ries macrumors 68020

Is this legal in the US? In my country purchased based contests are illegal.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 2, 2017 ---
    http://blog.rafflecopter.com/2015/04/no-purchase-necessary-giveaways/

If your company is running a contest or sweepstakes, you can’t ask entrants to purchase something as a means of entry. And if your company isn’t a non-profit, you cannot run a raffle. And unless if you’re the government, it’s illegal to run a lottery.

11. Wags macrumors 65816

December when they get.

12. Cougarcat macrumors 604

It states:

"*iPhone X giveaway rules and regulations: All preorder customers who order a case, or complete email registration before Oct. 25th (and are U.S. citizens & at least 18 years of age) will be entered to win a new 256GB iPhone X!! No purchase necessary."

Not sure how you "complete email registration," or how there is "no purchase is necessary" if it's for "preorder customers."

13. blairh macrumors 68040

blairh

Pretty weak. They should pick a winner before the pre-order.

14. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Pad & Quill just emailed us let us know they've updated the terms to note that no purchase is required, presumably because people called them out on exactly this issue. We'll be updating our article with detail, but it looks like registering for an account on their site will be enough to enter.

15. Braderunner macrumors 6502a

16. Wags macrumors 65816

Great news .
    Crazy no one there had any idea.

17. swm macrumors regular

those wonderboom speakers will not appeal for vampires

18. lucidhysteria macrumors member

Yeah, I can't figure this one out, either.

19. ghostface147 macrumors 68030

ghostface147

Magically the only person who wins will be the one who ordered something.

20. TechZeke macrumors 68020

TechZeke

Glad they quickly updated the contest entry conditions, because this was dumbest one I've seen.

The contest was basically for people who are already planning to buy an iPhone X. Made no sense.

21. earthTOmitchel Contributing Editor

earthTOmitchel

Staff Member

Hi, I just wanted to make sure you (and anyone else who might have ordered a case) were aware that Pad & Quill has updated the terms of the contest. You no longer need to purchase a case to enter to win, and P&Q will honor any request to cancel and refund an order that was made today. The new terms state registering your email with the site will be enough to enter, and I'm waiting on an email from P&Q to see if that can be more specific for you guys.

22. rbramseyjr macrumors newbie

thanks! i appreciate your looking out.

23. earthTOmitchel Contributing Editor

earthTOmitchel

Staff Member

No problem:) So all you have to do is sign up for the P&Q newsletter, which is located at the footer of the website and should be found on any page (and looks like pic below). Entering your email there will place you in the contest.

Attached Files: