Padded Protection Sleeve

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SpecialAgent, Jul 20, 2007.

1. SpecialAgent macrumors newbie

Is the neoprene the best sleeve with padded protection? I've decided to go without a hardshell case, and use a skin.

I'll also be using a military style shoulder bag to carry my laptop in (and books, etc.), so the inside won't have as much padding as a bag designed specifically for laptops.

So I need a sleeve that will have a lot of padding, or either be shell like, but a tight fit around the macbook as to not cause scratches.

2. Igantius macrumors 65816

I like the incase nylon sleeve - good padding and although it's not a tight fit, it's a good one and the furry inside means no scratches.

3. boz0 macrumors regular

I bought the incase as well and am perfectly satisfied with it. It's thick, the zip is protected so you can't scratch the laptop, and it's actually a tight fit in length and height. You'll have a little extra room between the zip and the laptop itself, meaning the sleeve is slightly wider than the laptop (a bit less than an inch, I'd say).

4. macbooker macrumors newbie

Check out www.sfbags.com. Great sleeves designed specifically for Macs. Actually all of the Waterfield Designs products are best in class IMHO.

5. ophidean macrumors member

Just picked up a Crumpler School Hymn for my 15'' MBP...works great. Acts as a nice heat sink when I'm using the MBP in my lap.
    I have the Part and Parcel as well, loving it.

6. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

I have that one too, bought specifically to take my MBP on a trip and then back and forth to class in the fall. It does the job.
    Don't buy it direct from Crumpler though. That $45 isn't a good deal -- I found mine for less than, after the USD to CDN exchange and markup.