Padded Protection Sleeve

SpecialAgent

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 15, 2007
Is the neoprene the best sleeve with padded protection? I've decided to go without a hardshell case, and use a skin.

I'll also be using a military style shoulder bag to carry my laptop in (and books, etc.), so the inside won't have as much padding as a bag designed specifically for laptops.

So I need a sleeve that will have a lot of padding, or either be shell like, but a tight fit around the macbook as to not cause scratches.

Igantius

macrumors 65816
Apr 29, 2007
I like the incase nylon sleeve - good padding and although it's not a tight fit, it's a good one and the furry inside means no scratches.

boz0

macrumors regular
May 21, 2007
/dev/null
I like the incase nylon sleeve - good padding and although it's not a tight fit, it's a good one and the furry inside means no scratches.
I bought the incase as well and am perfectly satisfied with it. It's thick, the zip is protected so you can't scratch the laptop, and it's actually a tight fit in length and height. You'll have a little extra room between the zip and the laptop itself, meaning the sleeve is slightly wider than the laptop (a bit less than an inch, I'd say).

scienide09

macrumors 65816
May 5, 2007
Canada
I have that one too, bought specifically to take my MBP on a trip and then back and forth to class in the fall. It does the job.
Don't buy it direct from Crumpler though. That $45 isn't a good deal -- I found mine for less than, after the USD to CDN exchange and markup.