Padster Original Bag

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by rgbyhkr, Apr 20, 2010.

1. rgbyhkr macrumors member

http://www.padster.net/

I can't decide if I like this bag or not. There are certainly issues here related to the price, the fact that the company was just started for the purpose of creating iPad bags, that only a single prototype of it currently exists, etc, etc. Forgetting those issues though, I just can't decide if I like the design or not. The general form factor and features have been used before, so it's not new. I don't know how I feel about the mixing of the leather with the ballistic nylon and the flap not having any fasteners concerns me as it relates to general use (could it get caught on something if not held down, etc).

I know for certain that David Chartier over at Macworld has the prototype (or will have it soon) and will be offering a review. It goes to iLounge after that. So, it looks like there should be some feedback on it before it's due to ship in May.

What do you guys think?

Jeff

2. sandydlc macrumors regular

The bag seems very well-constructed and made of good materials. As a woman, I can't see myself carrying something this large on a daily basis, especially since the bag itself is not very wide and would not allow for the additional items that a woman typically carries in her purse (because I'm *not* carrying around two bags!!).

It's a bit pricey but would be worth it if the durability is as high as they claim. Overall - I think I would order it at least to try it out. If the leather is buttery soft, then I might have to consider it myself. I'm a sucker for soft leather bags.

Sandy

3. Mr. Biggles macrumors 6502

It looks like a lot of effort went into the design. The features are really nice.

The dimensions of 13.5″ × 11.5″ × 3″ seem reasonable, but it just looks big in the model photo.

4. rgbyhkr thread starter macrumors member

It does look big compared to that guy. Maybe he's just tiny... :D

Jeff

5. macmacpaddywhak macrumors newbie

I can't decide whether I like it or not, mainly due to the size. I am looking for a father's day gift and someone sent me a link to padster. I can't see my hubby carrying around something that looks *almost* like a purse. I might just get him a sleeve so he can stick his iPad in his regular messenger bag.

6. Hammie macrumors 65816

Hammie

I agree that it looks too big.

Mine is only 11" x 9.8" x 3.9" and fits my iPad, small Moleskin notebook, iPhone and wallet perfectly.

It also accommodates my kids DS's when they are with me.