Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applesith

macrumors 68030
Jun 11, 2007
Manhattan
It's an old prototype or internal unit. They are not going to add ethernet to the iPad. Let's use out heads people.

Varedis

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2011
Better image of the device this actually is in the picture:

The iPad 3 will actually be an Android Flying Touch:
Flying%20touch%20III%203.jpg

Angra-mainju

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2009
UK
Why do all photographs, of unseen devices, UFOs, magic creatures, Hellboy and Elvis Presley using a Mac are always out of focus??????

Biscuit411

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

iPhone 5 rumors dying down? Time to fire up the iPad 3 rumors then...

atx_knepp

macrumors member
May 9, 2005
Austin, Texas
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_4; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.8 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.1 Safari/533.17.8)

http://www.made-in-china.com/showroom/tabletpc2010/product-detailfekEYxGvJBWq/China-AF010-Android-OS-2-1-WiFi-3G-Ethernet-Camera-HDMI-Tablet-PC.html

Or even better, scroll to the bottom and click on the last pic on the right:
http://www.selpcs.co.uk/product543688_2248670.aspx

fullojellybeans

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2010
Omg macrumors. Can you at least wait until wednesday to post this crap? You know well and good that the photo posted is a 1st gen iPad that someone either dropped or ran over with a car.

Stop the insanity.

Oh and me too

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Feb 10, 2004
Probably an iPad 1 prototype... could also be an iPad mini. 7" tablet for $249/299/399 (8gb/16/32). FaceTime camera but no rear facing one. iPod touch gets minor tweaks and price drop, iPhone gets a 4s and 5. One more thing, we're killing the Kindle Fire before it launces.

;)

pewra

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2011
Probably an iPad 1 prototype... could also be an iPad mini. 7" tablet for $249/299/399 (8gb/16/32). FaceTime camera but no rear facing one. iPod touch gets minor tweaks and price drop, iPhone gets a 4s and 5. One more thing, we're killing the Kindle Fire before it launces.

;)

Ethernet on iPad?

THIS IS MADNESS!

Omg macrumors. Can you at least wait until wednesday to post this crap? You know well and good that the photo posted is a 1st gen iPad that someone either dropped or ran over with a car.

Stop the insanity.

Oh and me too

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

iPhone 5 rumors dying down? Time to fire up the iPad 3 rumors then...

Why do all photographs, of unseen devices, UFOs, magic creatures, Hellboy and Elvis Presley using a Mac are always out of focus??????

It's an old prototype or internal unit. They are not going to add ethernet to the iPad. Let's use out heads people.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Or that bulge looking shadow could be someone's shotty photoshop skills.

This really doesn't make sense. Why would Apple remove camera on the 3rd gen which they introduced in 2nd gen?

You really didn't bother reading the previous posts I guess..

Nope.

macnews

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2003
Idaho
:eek: OMG and iPad3!?! WOW! COOL! AMAZING!

Oh wait, it clearly is much thicker than the iPad2, hmmm. Oh that's right Apple is focused on making products bulkier so this must be true. Those of you posting the very similar Android tablets must be wrong. :rolleyes:

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
agree with most of this, except that getting rid of the rear-facing camera wouldn't be such a dumb move - it really is a useless camera (not the front-facing camera, which they definitely have to keep). I've only ever seen one person using the rear-facing camera in public, and they looked like an idiot doing so.

Enhanced reality apps? Reading bar codes? Or when you just need to take a quick picture of something to send, or show something in a FaceTime chat?

Ieo

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2009
It's just a 'shopped original ipad.

I can tell from the pixels and from having seen a lot of 'shops in my time.

:rolleyes:

shandyman

Suspended
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
Varedis nails it in one.

More importantly, around the writing is a white halo from the clone stamp

i was just about to post this as i had just seen the article and the picture. Spot on with halo from clone stamp :) poor effort in photoshop.

I hope MacRumors show some professionalism and post an update indicating that the report is fake, on this really bad written article the sooner possible.

I wonder what else are they going to think to increase their page views. I am not referring of course to the MacRumors, but to the guys that stuck the apple sticker on the back of this tablet...

yea just a bit of time spent checking this out and there wouldn't be such a mess. there's just too many things wrong with it, starting with the poor photoshopping, the fact it's an android tablet, also as astated no chance apple would go bulkier again after the iPad 2.

Pink∆Floyd

macrumors 68020
Nov 21, 2009
Up There
[url=http://cdn.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png]Image[/url]

[url=http://cdn.macrumors.com/article-new/2011/09/ipad-31-500x354.jpg]Image

[/url]
The following photo has appeared on JailBreakiPhone4u and is beginning to circulate across the internet. The claim in the original article is that this somehow represents an iPad 3 Prototype.

The image appears to show an iPad-like case with Apple logo, and iPad name, but with some differences to the currently shipping design. The most noticeable difference is the presence of a bulge near the bottom of the device that appears to be for a port. The area is also labeled with an ethernet port symbol. Next, based on the single shot, the device appears to be widescreen configuration.

We tried contacting the poster to get some backstory, but with no response. Given the current information, our best guess is that this represents a knock-off / clone iPad design. It seems very unlikely that Apple would either add an ethernet port or change the aspect ratio of the iPad in the next version. The iPad 3 is rumored to be coming in 2012.

Article Link: Page 2: iPad 3 'Prototype' Image Circulating

Update this article, it's fake, see Varedis' post

pewra

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2011
That could be a developer port for Debugging problems.

You can't be serious, and you're a mod to boot.

Even if it were for debugging (which you can do perfectly over USB) there's no way Apple would have produced a production-esque case for it. One would hope that the hardware had been tested before having a case designed around it.

accessoriesguy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2011
It does look like an ethernet port, feels like a nock off :/

With apple moving to wireless everything, I don't see why they would want a port aside from USB or SD for a device like the ipad.

cheesyme

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2007
Cali
What I hope is that in future MacRumors spends more time investigating the sources and validity of these tips/leaks before diving headfirst in to an article.

I agree but then again i started checking macrumors 6-7 years ago simply to get first-hand news... Afterall its called macRUMORS for a reason...

robeddie

Suspended
Jul 21, 2003
Atlanta
What I hope is that in future MacRumors spends more time investigating the sources and validity of these tips/leaks before diving headfirst in to an article.

Seriously. I too am wondering exactly what, if any, consideration goes into publishing something like this, when it's clearly an android tablet with an apple sticker on it.

Arn?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.