page curl in final cut express

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by X1Lightning, Jan 11, 2010.

1. X1Lightning macrumors 6502

X1Lightning

i'm looking for someone who has finial cut express, i see it has a page curl transition, but i'm looking to find out how much you can adjust how it does it.
    can someone who has FCE show me the options on the page curl effect?

2. huntercr macrumors 65816

What do you want to know?

here's the options:

1. It lets you set the duration
    2 lets you have a "back side" custom static image if you don't want it to be the "reverse" of the current page ( think of it as transparent normally )
    3. it lets you set the "radius" of the curl of the page ( how much it bows )
    4. it lets you set a "highlight" factor, which I believe is artificial lightening of the page that is turning. ( I could't see any difference in the demo I was using to write this )
    5. It lets you pick whatever direction you want for the "peeling" to come from
    6. And finally it lets you select a checkbox "peel" , which I can't figure o ut what they does... perhaps it makes the page turn more "sharp"

Hope that helps!

3. X1Lightning thread starter macrumors 6502

X1Lightning

well what i am looking for is with FCE can i take an image and roll it up like a rug, right off the screen. i haven't figured out how to do this with the software i have(after effects), and i would really like to get this effect on what i am doing. so if i need to i will buy something else... but i want to make sure it can do it before i buy it

4. huntercr macrumors 65816

if you really want to make it look like a rug with a cylinder moving across the screen rolling up, the FCE page peel won't work for you. It really looks like a book page flip, or possibly at it's most bulged out settings, it looks like a billowed sail, but if you want it to behave like a rug, I don't think you'll be happy.

If you make the angle of peel be 90 degrees and reverse it it looks like a rug unfurling kind of anyway. If you want I can post an example

5. X1Lightning thread starter macrumors 6502

X1Lightning

Thanks for the response, i finally was able to find a plugin for after effects that let me do what i wanted.