page layout on Pages

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mac2thefuture, Oct 21, 2009.

1. mac2thefuture macrumors 65816

I've made a poster on pages. How do i resize the end product so it stays within proportion but will allow me to make 2 or 3 copies of the finished article on on piece of A4?
    Thanks

2. mysterytramp macrumors 65816

mysterytramp

You might want to look at some of the functions that your printer provides. My Epson RX595 will do this (at least I think this is printer-dependent; none of this remotely appears in the Pages user guide):

Duplicate your poster so that you have two identical posters on page 1 and page 2 of your document.

Select Print ...
    In the dialog box, there's an entry, "Pages Per Sheet"
    Select 2

The document is shifted to landscape mode and half-size pages appear. (At least that's the plan. The Epson isn't printing these pages out, though I can export them as PDFs and then print them. Must be an Epson issue.)

mt

3. mac2thefuture thread starter macrumors 65816

4. snberk103 macrumors 603

Export your poster as a PDF. Make a new blank document in layout mode, and in the page/printer set up section, make the your new document the A4 size. Copy the PDF to a new document as many times as you want to have the poster on the one sheet of paper and resize the image boxes to the size and alignment you want.

5. mysterytramp macrumors 65816

mysterytramp

If snberk103's idea doesn't work, this should be an improvement over my previous suggestion:

Go to Page Setup
    At the bottom of the "Paper Size" menu, there's a command, "Manage Custom Sizes ..."
    Select that and create a page, three times normal size.
    Choose that as your page size, and also Scale 33 percent.
    Make three copies of your poster across the page.

That should work, regardless of printer.

mt