Page Search in Safari?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by andyjam, Oct 14, 2013.

1. andyjam macrumors regular

Does this functionality still exist? There used to be a search bar that popped up with the keyboard, but it's no longer there in iOS 7.

I'm pretty unimpressed with Safari overall. Sorry to rant, but the interface just feels poorly designed (ie the disconnect between bookmarks/reading list and the menu where you create them) and I hate the screen that pops up whenever I click on the search bar (sometimes I just want to see the entire web address!). I know I can click cancel and get back to the page, but it's just an unnecessary barrier between me and the content! Rant over.

2. musika macrumors 65816

musika

It's all integrated into the unified address bar (where you type a URL or search the web).

Type your search in there, and then scroll down. There is an "On This Page" section. :)

3. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

just use the omnibar.

before you use the search box. now you still use the search box. don't get the confusion

4. andyjam thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you! I knew it had to be there somewhere.

5. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Wow, I had no idea that that existed; I've had to use a "real" computer when wanting to search within a page. I'm still on 6 so thanks for posting :)