Page setup dialog does not work

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Diana123, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Diana123 macrumors newbie

The page setup dialog doesn't work on my new(ish) MacBook Pro. At first I thought it was just a problem with Excel, but the same thing occurs in Word, when trying to print pdfs within Acrobat, everywhere. When I bring up the dialog box to change the paper size or format, it lets me click on what I want, and the OK box lights up, but when I click 'OK' nothing happens. I can't make it register the changes. I've tried deleting and then reinstalling the printer, to no avail. What could the problem be? Someone else posted the same problem on another forum and got no replies. Help!

2. exegete77 macrumors 6502a

Howdy. Can you provide more details on your system and your printer?

3. Diana123 thread starter macrumors newbie

page setup dialogue does not work

Hi -- I've got a MacBook Pro, bought only last summer, running OS 10.5.6 (2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo). My printer is an Epson Stylus Photo 1290, around 3 years old. Any ideas very gratefully received!

4. exegete77 macrumors 6502a

I have exact same computer, but not printer. :)

Have you updated the Epson software recently?

5. Diana123 thread starter macrumors newbie

I've updated the Epson software, even installed GutenPrint, but the problem remains.

I moved all my applications and files from my old Mac when I bought this machine last summer, and since then whenever I open Excel I get a pop-up that says 'Error accessing the system registry'. I just ignore it and carry on, since it seems to have no affect on accessing my files.

Whenever I open Word I get a pop-up that says 'The Visual Basic Editor could not be opened for one of the following reasons: - There may not be enough free memory to load the libraries. - Files may have been deleted or moved from their originally installed locations. - The Visual Basic Editor has not been installed on this machine. To install it, run the Microsoft Office Installer and choose Custom Install.' Again, I just ignore it.

Could these messages indicate what's causing the problem? I haven't tried reinstalling the Microsoft programmes yet because I'm still searching for the disk, but could it be something in the transfer of apps from one machine to another? I certainly didn't have this problem on my old Mac.