iPhone Pager app/tweak (like Fire Alert on androids)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by zolt, Feb 9, 2014.

1. zolt macrumors newbie

Hi guys. I've been searching for this everywhere, but no luck. I've posted this questions on several forums but without luck or even without questions. So i'm really desperate here.
    Here's the deal. I'm a volunteree firefighter and we get text messages when we are needed. So i'm looking for an app or tweak or whatever that would do the same job as android's app called Fire Alert (2) (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.hoernchen.android.firealert2&hl=en).
    In short - when i get text message from a number that i choose, i want that the iphone goes wild(even if it's on silent), and i want to push the button to dissmiss the notification and along with that the sound..
    Does this exist(i've tried Ringer&Tones - formerly RingerVIP, but it's not good enough). Like i said i want an identical functions like Fire Alert just for iOS.

Please help me out here. :)

2. Resqu2 macrumors 6502a

No help here but I also get my FD calls by text and don't have any issues, text comes in just like any others and they are from different dispatchers, not the same number. Do you have to silence your phone at times and need these text to override the silence?

3. Candurin macrumors regular

We use Active911, my phone goes nuts when we get called out.

Not sure what could give you the functionality you need.

4. zolt thread starter macrumors newbie

Well here's the deal. I'm not from america. :/ i'm from a small coutry - slovenia in europe. And this is not made for our market.
    This would be a simple tweak. Nothing more. Just when i get an sms.

----------

Well i recieve it from a same number. Every time. The main problem is when i sleep. How the hell should i wake from BRUML-LUP-LUP! :D
    And i'm a heavy sleeper. :p so that's the problem.

5. PgdB macrumors newbie

PgdB

yes im from Slovenia too and i have an Iphone but i can t find any app like firealert for android can somebody help me to get this app?

tnx for help :D

6. Captain119 macrumors newbie

Captain119

I know exactly what you mean Zolt. I use the Fire Alert on my work DROID. I would rather have the same thing on my SE. Anyway, I was wondering if you ever found an App like Fire Alert that works with iPhone?

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

iOS 10 has an emergency bypass feature that can be enabled for individual contacts, so perhaps that would be something that does the trick?

8. FLYING SE7EN macrumors regular

FLYING SE7EN

Another idea would be to create a custom ringtone and text tone that are silent. Then you could make those your default tones for your phone, effectively "silencing" your phone. Then you can assign a loud obnoxious (and long) ring tone to your FD contact so that whenever they text, you won't miss it.

9. Captain119 macrumors newbie

Captain119

--- Post Merged, Jan 15, 2017 ---
    C DM, Thanks very much for the information. This should work perfectly.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 15, 2017 ---
    Thank you Flying Se7en.

10. Delmar macrumors 6502

We use Active911 as well. It works very well.

11. Captain119 macrumors newbie

Captain119

--- Post Merged, Jan 17, 2017 ---
    That is correct. I need it to override when I'm silent mode.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 17, 2017 ---
    Thank
    Thanks Much! This worked. I didn't know this feature was added.