Pages '08 and automatic bibliography?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ahoegh, Oct 31, 2007.

1. ahoegh macrumors newbie

Hi,

Does anyone know if Pages '08 has got an automatic bibliography function as the one in Office Word 2007? It is a really nice tool when you're writing reseach papers, cases and so on. I have iWork '08, but cannot find out. There is nothing about this in the manual and I cannot find anything inside Pages '08.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

2. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

I usually look for how to do some of the stuff by looking at the templates, the research report may or may not work for you.

3. ahoegh thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, they don't really use sources/references in thoose templates, so no help there.

4. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

They have work cited as a paragraph style, though I don't know if that is used to automatically build their work cited section in that research paper template.

Haven't played with it.

Edit: Between the Term Paper and the Research Paper, it might work. Though they do tend to set all these things up so you are forced to use sections, and styles.

5. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Of course looking at the White Paper, it looks like it will give you more of the things you need on a more complex paper. Though I have no idea how it'll auto build.

Edit: Also try looking at the Help: Using with Footnotes and Endnotes.