Pages 08:Can It Do DVD/CD Inserts?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BruceEBonus, Dec 20, 2007.

1. BruceEBonus macrumors 65816

BruceEBonus

Ive moved over to the Mac and am chuffed with its performance on me 24" Alu. Nice.

BUT ... I used to use a program called Serif Page Plus.. an excellent DTP program which was great for the design of DVD and CD box covers.

I have Works 08 and have been faffing with Pages 08 ... so far to little effect. AND iDVD an' all!.

So .. what if any .. program would you recommend for the simple designing of such a simple project?.

I have had to forget a LOT of PC stuff in readiness to allow room for learning new Mac stuff .... and now is a good time to bung in the new stuff!

All suggestions greatly welcomed! D'oh! :confused:

Cheers y'all!

Bruce Turner

2. ab2650 macrumors 6502a

You can set up the page size and create an appropriate fitting insert.. But it doesn't come with a preset template.

I used to design CD inserts in PhotoShop alone, so just making sure you put the right measurements in, use rulers to mark where folds are, etc, you'll be fine.

3. BruceEBonus thread starter macrumors 65816

BruceEBonus

Thanks for the quick response ... and its as I thought. I even tried the included Office 04 Demo and even Word doesnt seem to contain templates. Weird.

I will do as you say or just reinstall Page Plus via XP/Fusion and do it that way. I have also purchased a LAcie External DVD writer and see if Toast Titanium which is supplied .. has an option for this?.

CHeers the noo .. am aff tae beddy byes.. its near midnight here . in the Land Of Wind And Rain ...:eek:

Ta

Bruce

4. quovadis macrumors regular

quovadis

Would the iTunes print features serve your purpose?

5. BruceEBonus thread starter macrumors 65816

BruceEBonus

Cheers Mr. Vangelis .. but nah .. it really is a bit TOO basic for my needs which really is chucking in a photo image and I also need a DVD template too.

I may indeed have to do me own custom version but it seems a bit pedantic that no one can supply such a thing as part of their repertoire .. Pages is a bit of a letdown in that department as most DTP programs have such a function. I'll have a word with Mr Jobs during Mac Expo Lunch next month! :D

Cheers aye!

6. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

I admit I never thought of it until now, but now that you bring it up, I'm surprised that nobody's got a template out yet.