Pages 08 Question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Hicks., Dec 7, 2007.

1. Hicks. macrumors regular

Hicks.

Hi Guys,

I'm 'trying' to write a report for a college assignment and am struggling a little!

For a start, it looks like Pages doesn't have an option to create an organisation chart (unlike Office for mac). So I've created a chart in microsoft and have copied and pasted it into Pages.

My next problem is that my organisation structure/ chart is very wide so it doesnt fit on the page in portrait view. Is there any way to have one page of a document in landscape and the rest in portrait?

Sorry if this is a really noobish question. I am useless at word processing!

2. Hicks. thread starter macrumors regular

Hicks.

3. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

I think you will want to rotate your chart 90 degrees so it fits in portrait orientation. Personally, I think a document with both landscape and portrait pages is annoying. You really can't print it that way, anyhow.

BTW, you could have created your chart in Pages. It doesn't have a specific dedicated function as Word does apparently, but you can make up text boxes and connecting lines to your heart's content.

4. Hicks. thread starter macrumors regular

Hicks.

Thanks for your input. In future I think I'll try Pages- even if it is a bit laborious. I ended up doing it on a PC in the end :(