Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

2Evan

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2009
Is there a way to insert a selected template after, for instance, the cover page of a document, or anywhere else for that matter?

If not, can I merge the template with an already created document?

Thks for your help

PeggyD

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2007
Covington, WA, USA
You can insert sections from one Pages document into another. Open your files & show thumbnails. Sections have a yellow border around all of the pages in that section. Now click on the page in the thumbnail pane & copy. If the file is more than one page & you only want one, you'll need to insert a section break to separate the pages. Then go to your other file, click in the thumbnail pane & paste. If you want to insert the other content into the middle of a section in the receiving document, you will need to insert section breaks at the point you want to insert. The whole copied page will be pasted in. Repeat with another section. Styles will copy over with the sections but headers & footers will not.

2Evan

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2009
Thks Peggy. That 'section thing' (vs layout vs page) is a bit complicated. Went through the whole tutorial the last 2 days. But I really like Pages for what I need to do.

Appreciated!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.