Pages '09 Page view question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bonswizzle, Jun 25, 2009.

1. bonswizzle macrumors member

bonswizzle

Hi there I've downloaded the trial version of iWork and am so far impressed. I have one question that I'm sure is really basic, but I just can't seem to work out how to get it to happen...

Ok, in Word, when you open a new blank document, the page is nicely centered in the middle of the window (Picture 1), but when I open a new blank document in Pages, the page itself seems to snap to the left (Picture 2) of the (expanded) window. How can I change this? I want it to appear like Picture 3.

I hope that's clear, sorry I know I'm a bit of a newbie, I'd appreciate the help though.

Attached Files:

2. Ashka macrumors 6502a

Ashka

The nearest you will get with Pages'09 is to show the 'Page Thumbnails' under View on the toolbar. (not the menubar View) 'Show comments' moves the page towards the right too.
    The window is usually only as big as it needs to be so is set left ~ middle is really a waste of space :)

3. bonswizzle thread starter macrumors member

bonswizzle

Thanks for that, I know it's not very efficient, I think I'm just clinging to my Windows ways a little since my switch that's all! :eek:

4. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

Hi,
    I have exactly the same question and I don't think it's less efficient. I can picture better the page layout when I see the pages nicely centered.

So there is no way obtaining this pages layout ?

Tex

5. theGAPkid macrumors regular

The only thing I can suggest is to go full screen so that you get the black background. Whilst it might be annoying if you need to constantly switch/consult other apps, if your just writing without need for editing much, this is what I do. It blocks everything else out :)