Pages 09 Rocks

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by AllergyDoc, Nov 13, 2013.

1. AllergyDoc macrumors 65816

AllergyDoc

Since it was free, I fiddled with Pages 13 for a week or two and generally didn't like it.

I loaded iWork '09 onto my computer and wow! What a different the old Pages is! Far, far more powerful than the new version.

2. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

3. Boris-VTR macrumors regular

Pages is the only word processing tool i use, but i use it only for writing CV's, resumes and simple letters, i have found Pages 13 to be fine for that. I hate the new icon, bot other than that, i dons't see much difference. But reading forums and what pages13 have done to some 400+ long document created with 09 version...i was shocked.
    Apple this days is a mess.

4. MasterHowl macrumors 65816

MasterHowl

I've found Pages '13 to be brilliant for writing short reports containing very few images/figures.

If however the report comprises of several sections and contains numerous images/figures, then it's absolutely useless to me.

5. hafr macrumors 68030

Apple's productivity suite simply isn't useful for anything but the very basic. And to be honest, I think Numbers even before the update lacked some very basic features.

I wouldn't use iWork if they paid me. It's absolutely rubbish in my opinion.

6. saberahul macrumors 68040

Been using iWork for a long time and frankly I like it quite a bit. It's missing many features but for majority of the tasks it's quite feasible to use.