Pages 09 - Skipping Page 1. How?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by acfusion29, Apr 19, 2009.

1. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

So my cousin wrote up a 10-page paper and he included some pictures and stuff.

He needs to add a title page and it has to have a header of '1', but for some reason I can't figure this out and neither can he. When he presses ENTER/RETURN to open up a free page at the top, it moves the texts down but not the pictures.

So what I'm trying to do now is make a blank document for the title page and put the page count there and just print that off, but NOW I need to know how to start the page count at 2, instead of 1, on the actual body of the essay.

(Btw, I have tried to do just about everything. When I copied the entire doc to paste it after the title page on a new document, it didn't even copy the pictures.)

Thanks for the help.

2. Keleko macrumors 68000

Instead of hitting enter until you get a new page, just go to the top of the page before the title page and Insert -> Page Break. Hopefully that will move the pictures down, too.

To start the page count on page 2, you can use Insert -> Auto Page Numbers and uncheck "Include number on first page".

3. acfusion29 thread starter macrumors 68040

acfusion29

No what I need is for page 1 of my essay to have '2' in the header, and not '1', and then for page 2 to have '3', and page 3 to have '4' and so on. I know this is an option in MS Office... but that software is garbage.

And inserting a page break doesn't work... :mad:

4. Molnies macrumors member

I don't really understand what you're trying to do... but if you want the first page to start with 2, in the Inspector, go to Layout inspector -> Section. There you have the option "Page numbers; Start at:" and just set that to "2"

5. acfusion29 thread starter macrumors 68040

acfusion29

This is what I needed.

What had happened was my cousin wrote his entire 10 page essay, and then wanted to add a title page. The title page needs to have a page number on it, so he pressed enter/return at the top of the essay until it got to the second page. He goes and adds the title page but realized that when he was hitting enter/return the pictures didn't go down with the entire text body, instead they just stayed there. When I tried copying the entire essay and pasting it in a new document after the title page, it didn't copy the pictures.

Sorry if its still confused, but the problem is resolved.