PAGES '09: Table help needed ASAP!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by wayland1985, Mar 4, 2010.

1. wayland1985 macrumors 6502

Hello guys,

I'm trying to work on a project I started at work today: A table full of a list of products in stock.

I started the table in Pages, sent it as a .doc to work and worked on it there in Word. When I transferred the .doc back, the table gets cut off: The table should span 3 pages, but for some reason it only fills page one, and the remainder of the table is "underneath" the remaining pages?

Is there a way to split the table, or a setting to make the table format to fit across the pages?

2. logobadboy1997 macrumors newbie

logobadboy1997

Well it sounds to me like the table got shrunken. Try making the font bigger. If that doesn't work, than have the "undo" button at hand!

3. PeggyD macrumors 6502a

If the table is floating it will "disappear" at the bottom of the page. To span pages, the table must be inline. Also, Pages will "break" the table to fit whole rows on a page. If any single row is bigger than a page, the excess will disappear. You'll have to manually break the row.

4. wayland1985 thread starter macrumors 6502

It's not that the table was too small to read... The table had 70 rows. For some reason when converting from a .doc, the table didn't automatically break to fit across the 4 pages it was originally spanning.

So, I could see about 20 rows on the first page, but the remaining 50 rows were hidden underneath pages 2-4. The only way I was able to fix it was cutting the whole table, and pasting it onto a new Pages document.

I'm just confused as to why Pages didn't automatically format the table to break and fit across several pages in the first place?

5. Ardoptres macrumors regular

6. wayland1985 thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm not very good with them. I figured since there were no numbers involved, pages/word would be better to use. Plus, I have some of the drug names color coded, etc.

Would numbers have been better???