Pages 4 or wait?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by aislepathlight, Aug 7, 2012.

1. aislepathlight macrumors member

Hey all:

I just got a new Retina MacBook Pro, and I was thinking about getting Pages for it. I just wanted to check with you all to make sure that the next iteration of pages was not going to come out soon or that buying it now would be a silly decision. Please advise me on when the expected release of the next major update will be and if its worth buying now!

2. RedCroissant Suspended

As far as I know, there hasn't been an announcement of the updated iWork, so it would only be speculation and almost useless speculation at that.

If you want to wait though and save money, you could always download the LibreOffice productivity suite. It's completely free and is fully compatible with Windows formats and open source formats as well. It has document, spreadsheet, presentation, drawing, database, and formula apps. It's really good.

You could also look on eBay for discounted iWork '09 boxes and then upgrade from there.

3. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

I think you may just see slight upgrades via mac app store on the iwork suite for awhile - doubt a new suite will be out any time soon.