pages 5 WTF?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Suanmiao, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Suanmiao macrumors member

no auto-capitalization? what is apple thinking?

2. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

3. Suanmiao thread starter macrumors member

show me please. I searched on google it seems to me no one knows where that button is.

4. Cyborg21 macrumors 6502

Cyborg21

5. ormie macrumors regular

ormie

6. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

You hold down that button when you need to write a capital letter. Use it and over time it will become automatic.

7. al82 macrumors regular

For an Apple are so proud of to be easy to use, not allowing to change i to I automatically is a joke. I spent so long trying to figure out how to do it, so so annoying. At least leave the option there.

8. speedplay1 macrumors newbie

Pages not the only malfunction!

Since downloading all three iWork apps, I've been attempting to work with them to determine there ease of use: Not having much success. Here is a simple example from Numbers:

In Column E, I usually record my heart rate as average/maximum. After opening this document, the numbers completely changed into a single whole number or a simple fraction, e.g., 4/5! Luckily I print out all my sheets daily. I discovered that I had to use "text" as the data format to record the correct heart rate! Let me mention that every time I open a Numbers sheet, I have to select the ruler and the item I want to use in Inspector because they cannot be saved! Are you kidding me? Note in the above that I use a two page spreadsheet? But you only see one in the current Numbers app.

This second screen shot is what appears when I press command + P to print. Note that both sheets appear. When Print is selected, the familiar print screen appears. Why the wasted step?

iWorks has become an arse-backwards piece of crap with little ease of functional use. I plan to file my complaint, but not with Tim Cook or Apple - don't want to waste my time - but with the Apple Board of Directors. Tim Cook has little commitment to the Mac, he's obsessed with the iPhone and iPad. Notice how the "new" iWorks looks like iOS? Ask Microsoft how its approach is working for them.

Attached Files: