Pages and A3 printing

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nampramos, Dec 5, 2011.

1. nampramos macrumors 6502

Hi guys,

I would really appreciate some help.

I made a really nice wine catalog for my business with Pages.
    It was my first time using and now I will never go back to Word again!

One thing I still didn't manage was A3 printing.

I developed my catalog on A4 format since I will sometimes print it in A4.

But now I need to print it on A3 (to then fold it in half hand have a A4 booklet) and I'd like to know what's the best way to do it without loosing any quality since I have a lot of images.

I was able to save it to PDF and having 2 pages per page (for the folding into A4), which I guess will work once printing onto A3. But I noticed that it took away some of the quality.
    Also, the page order doesn't match now. Since when printing in A3 from an A4 document the first A3 page will contain the first A4 page and the last A4 page on it.

To deal with that, is there a way I can give another numbering to the pages when they get printed? I still want to have the correct structure from A4 printing. But for the A3 printer the order needs to be different.

A4 printing (both sides)
    Normal 1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8

A3 printing (both sides)
    Pairs 1-8, 2-7, 3-6, 4-5

Can you understand? It can be a bit confusing to explain this with graphical visualization...

Or even better, is there a tool that understands this pairing of A4 pages to make sense when printed onto A3?

Thanks in advance!

2. PeggyD macrumors 6502a

3. nampramos thread starter macrumors 6502

Doesn't seem to support Tiger yet.

What I want to do is impossible with Pages by itself?

No one else can help?

4. nampramos thread starter macrumors 6502

5. PeggyD macrumors 6502a

Tiger is an older version of OS X, 10.4. For Tiger (& Leopard) you can use CocoaBooklet. I prefer it to CreateBooklet & keep an older Mac just for using CocoaBooklet.

Pages doesn't do imposition. I wish it did. I suggest you and anyone else who wants the feature to leave feedback for the Pages team.