Pages and images

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dukebound85, Jan 25, 2012.

1. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

If I have a whole bunch of images I am creating, with all the same aspect ratio, how can I import them into pages and make them all the same size apart from trying to drag the corners to eyeball it?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You can open them all in Preview and edit them in batch.

3. dukebound85 thread starter macrumors P6

dukebound85

Not quite what I desire as I want to retain the originals and not have duplicates

When I drag the images in pages, I need to make them smaller but would like to merely highlight all images and manually set the desired size from within pages

4. GGJstudios, Jan 25, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2012

GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You can resize them all in Preview, then drag them from Preview into your document, then quit Preview without saving changes. No duplicates are created and the originals are still the same size. There may be a way to resize them in Pages, but I can't help with that, as I use MS Office.

5. snberk103 macrumors 603

Drag the images into Pages. They will overlap, it seems, but don't manually move them around.

In Pages, 'Select All' the images. Then go to the 'Arrange' menu. Play with the Distribute and Align settings until you get something you want.

With 'Select All' images still, go to the Inspector, and choose the 'Metrics' tab....it's the ruler. Set the size you want here. It will make all the selected images the size you set. If you want more than one size, then you will need to select the common images and do each group separately.

If you want spaces between the images you could resize the images to be a bit bigger than needed, then do the Align/Distribute thing, then resize to the final size. I wasn't able to figure out a quick way to leave spaces with the Align/Distribute menus. It may exist, but I don't know it.

More: Also, if you need more than one column of images, try adding columns. I haven't tried this, but I would think it would work.

Luck.

6. dukebound85 thread starter macrumors P6

dukebound85