Pages and like apple office apps

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by burak434, Oct 24, 2011.

1. burak434 macrumors newbie

Hi,I have a question.My teachers at my university are all using Windows.So,If I make a "Pages" document would they be able to view it properly or would I have any problems?

2. ScoobyMcDoo macrumors 65816

No, but you can export to either PDF of MS Word. I recommend PDF as the MS Word formatting can be flaky.

3. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

You can make a document in pages, just save it as a word document.

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Mistake. Never submit a converted document without first examining it in the native application of the destination format.

5. Amazing Iceman macrumors 68040

Amazing Iceman

True. And you will never loose with the PDF format. So far it has never failed me. And because the recipient will not be able to easily edit it, your document's integrity remains intact.

In worse case scenario, you can always buy MS Office if you really need to. I have it, but I hardly ever use it. I'm actually using Pages on my iPad more and more, and second comes Pages for Mac.

6. burak434 thread starter macrumors newbie

where can I buy Ms Office online?I looked at it's page but it doesn't have my country(Turkey) listed.

7. Pedro Julio macrumors member

It's sometimes difficult to know what sites and products Turkey has access to online. Those government firewalls block the strangest things. I do know that Apple.com sells Office for mac in the US though, and that if you are a student you probably get discount pricing. Your university might even sell it.