Pages and Numbers....converting to Windows

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by WhySoSerious, Sep 5, 2007.

1. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

Please help.

Scenario:
    i'm a college student who takes online classes. homework is required to be uploaded to the university website for the professor to grade.

Process:
    I produce a report in Pages and in Numbers. I save the file to my MBP desktop. I then try to upload to the website for grading.

Problem:
    website does not accept .pages or .numbers files....it needs to be .doc or .xls; also, yahoo mail will not attach .pages or .numbers files.

Solution???:
    How do i get my files in the correct format to where i can upload to the website and to teh correct format where yahoo mail will attach them to emails?

Bonus Help???:
    Once my professor receives my files from Pages and Numbers....what does he have to do to even open them and edit them?

I'm sorry, but this iWork stuff is just not easy for me to manipulate...I'm really contimplating going back to Office to get this stuff done. :(

thanks

2. Tramjaw macrumors member

Tramjaw

export.

you can export the docs right from pages and numbers into the correct file format.

3. MarkR macrumors newbie

Export the Pages documents to Word
    Export the Numbers documents to Excel

For each app, in the menu go to File, then Export

Do this and your professor will not have to do anything special to open the files. :)