Pages and PowerBooks

aussie_geek

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 19, 2004
Sydney Australia
I have a problem with Pages on my PowerBook. I am using a network laser printer. Every time I want to print a document from Pages, the only thing the printer spits out is a black page. It was working the other day before the update of 10.4.2.

I am accessing the network over Airport. The wired clients on the network have no problems printing with Pages. What's going on??

aussie_geek

cooknwitha

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2005
London
Hmm, that's all a little odd. I'm on a Powerbook running 10.4.2 and haven't had any problems. Have you tried re-adding your printer to the Printer Setup Utility?

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
On a jet plane
Are you sure it's a problem with Pages rather than your printer? Are you able to print other documents ok, or is the issue solely with Pages?

aussie_geek

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 19, 2004
Sydney Australia
cooknwitha said:
Hmm, that's all a little odd. I'm on a Powerbook running 10.4.2 and haven't had any problems. Have you tried re-adding your printer to the Printer Setup Utility?
Yeah I tried that - with no success. :(

munkle said:
Are you sure it's a problem with Pages rather than your printer? Are you able to print other documents ok, or is the issue solely with Pages?
I am able to print images from other apps. But when I try to print text it is a no go. I ended up exprting it into a PDF and then converting it to jpeg.

At home, the PowerBook has no probs printing over my Airport to an Epson inkjet..

This is bazaar..
aussie_geek