Pages and Sheets Apps Missing

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by VA3TWT, Apr 3, 2016.

1. VA3TWT macrumors newbie

Hello;

After being a PC user for 35 years I have decided to give a Mac a try. I purchased a used late 2013 27" iMac running El Capitan to learn on. The previous owner wiped the hard drive and I had to re-install the OS.

One thing I noticed is that Pages, Sheets and Keynote are missing from the computer (there may be others I'm not aware of). I understand that these are suppose to be free apps however when I go to the App Store, it is saying I have to purchase these apps.

Is there any way to get them back on my iMac without having to pay for them?

Thanks in advance for any and all help. I hope to learn a lot about my new machine in these Forums.

Gord

2. dan1eln1el5en macrumors 6502

dan1eln1el5en

odd, they are free for all "new computers" have you signed in on the App Store, I would assume that it would look at your account if you had them before or a computer before.

else try to contact the iTunes folks and ask, I'm sure they are willing to add them to your account so that you can get them for free

else there is a work around http://www.cultofmac.com/306118/download-apples-iwork-apps-older-macs-free/

3. VA3TWT thread starter macrumors newbie

--- Post Merged, Apr 4, 2016 ---
    Thanks! I think the link worked for me. It is now showing that the apps have been purchased.

Gord