Pages breaking page layout

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by xtremelala, Apr 20, 2009.

1. xtremelala macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I wondered if you experts can help me.

A friend of mine did a publication using pages in which the final result was a pdf document which had 2 different page layouts. The first page was w26cm by h29.7cm and the rest of the pages were w52cm by h29.7cm.

I'm unable to contact him but he told me that he did this in pages. Im trying to do the same page format and cannot get 2 different sizes.

Is there a way in pages that you can do this and export it as a pdf? What I currently have is 2 documents with different size pages, so is there another way, such as another program that merges the two documents together?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

3. Molnies macrumors member

You can do that with just Preview as well...
    But yeah, I don't think Pages support pages with different sizes, since it for example doesn't even support both vertical and horizontal pages in the same document.

4. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

Can you clarify the problem a bit? Are you trying to get two different sizes within Pages.app (just for clarity, I'll add the .app) on your computer? If so, what you need to do is insert a layout break (insert->layout break). Export to a pdf from Pages.app can be done from file->Export. Do you want to merge the documents in Pages.app or in a Pdf? In pdf, it can be done through acrobat. I'm not sure if preview can do this (I only use preview for reading pdfs).

5. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

6. xtremelala thread starter macrumors newbie

hi all

yes its 2 page layouts in 1 pages.app document. Ill give this a go, thanks all :D

7. xtremelala thread starter macrumors newbie

You are ALL life savers thank you so much. you have put alot of pressure off me now! thanks again

8. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

Welcome to MacRumors! :D