Pages: Colors inverted

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ULEE, Sep 25, 2009.

1. ULEE macrumors member

Hello,

the text color in iWorks Pages (08) seems to be inverted. Though the text colour is set to black all the text appears white. I couldnt find any way to change this "setting" so the colour appears normal again.

Has anyone experienced the same problem and/or knows how to fix without reinstalling iWork?

Thanks.

Julian

2. PeggyD macrumors 6502a

The first thing I would check would be System Preferences > Universal Access. White on Black may have accidentally been set.

Attached Files:

3. Gregg2 macrumors 603

That setting would reverse colors in everything. If it's just Pages, try replacing the com.apple.iWork.Pages.plist file.

You'll find it in your Home folder > Library > Preferences. Drag it out onto your Desktop, then open Pages. It will create a fresh plist file.

Did either of these things work for you?

4. jaredonline macrumors newbie

Same issue for me

I'm having the same issue, but recreating the Pages .plist file didn't help.

5. Gregg2 macrumors 603

...but only in Pages? If system-wide, try the suggestion in post #2.

If not, or if that isn't it, try logging in under a different user account. Do you still have the problem then?

6. TheMechanic macrumors regular

Same problem here!!

In all iWork apps the font colors are inverted. Even after a complete reinstall of the whole system!!

Your help would be appreciated!!

7. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Try the suggestion above, and report your results.

8. TheMechanic macrumors regular

I figured out what was the problem.

I have iWork '08 which I bought for my MacBook with 10.5 Leopard. I then upgraded to 10.6 Snow Leopard and suddenly all font colors in the iWork apps were inverted.
    I tried everything from reinstalling iWork to completely erase my HDD and start over. But nothing solved the problem. Only thing I apparently never did was updating the iWork apps via Software Update. After I did that everything is fine now.

It seems like the combination of iWork '08 and Snow Leopard inverts the font colors which gets fixed with a simple iWork update.

Now I ask myself why I haven't updated iWork in the last 3 month...