Pages documents are gone

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Jardins de Vin, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Jardins de Vin macrumors 6502a

Jardins de Vin

Hello!

Some time ago, I noticed that all my Pages documents on my iPad had suddenly disappeared. I had a shock, but then noticed they were all present on iCloud.com.

How do I get them back on my iPad? In the meanwhile I have new documents on my iPad, which are not on iCloud.com. They stopped syncing apparently because the "iCloud" option in the Pages preferences on the iPad is not activated. I tried to activate it, but it turns itself off again. I don't own Pages on Mac, btw. Just in case that makes a difference.

I'm very scared of losing documents and I'm unsure how to proceed. If someone knows - I appreciate it a lot!

2. Jardins de Vin thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jardins de Vin

Solved…

What I did was turn on iCloud drive first. Only then, I could turn on Pages. I still don't know why they disappeared form my iPad in the first place, but I'm glad everything is back.

Sucks that we can't delete our posts. But perhaps it's better to leave this here, in case someone has the same issue. That's why I am writing this message with my solution. Cheers.