Pages Error

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Adam0306, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Adam0306 macrumors regular

Adam0306

Since I just upgraded to SL I reinstalled from TM iWork. Now whenever I try to open a .doc file it pops up with a SLCompatibility error. Although not with .pages formats. I did updates and tried reinstalling iWork from retail disk and then updates but no luck. I even searched here and Apple. Has anyone else ran across this or if iWork '08 will even work on SL.

2. mysterytramp macrumors 65816

mysterytramp

I'm having issues, but I'm not sure they're related to SL.

TextEdit was my default app for Word files. For this test, I changed to Pages. Several .doc files opened fine. Several didn't, and they appeared to be older files. Most, if not all, of the newer files (2007 and later) opened fine in Pages. A couple I could open in TextEdit. One or two opened in Bean. Some of these files I haven't opened in ages, so it could be SL, or maybe even Pages that's at fault.

Shot in the dark: You could try doing a Get Info on one of the .doc files and changing its default app to TextEdit. Then try changing the default app to Pages. Whatever part of the OS that sets default apps might need a polite nudge to wake up.

If that doesn't help, you might try icWord. You can convert all your existing Word files to RTF within its 30-day trial period.

If this really is an SL problem, hopefully it will be resolved in 30 days.

mt

3. Adam0306 thread starter macrumors regular

Adam0306

Well on Leopard I was using Pages already and had absolutely no issues, whether created in 2003 or 2007 word. I even went into a local Apple store and none of them have heard of that issue. All that they could tell me is email Apple or search forums. The only thing that I could think of is that SL is the issue since it was working prior to upgrade. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling but no luck.

4. Adam0306 thread starter macrumors regular

Adam0306