Pages: Essay Writer w/ some Questions.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by HappyDude20, Mar 28, 2009.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

I love using Pages for writing essays for class and would choose Pages over Word any day of the week. Iono, but I type out essays faster within Pages and feel I get my point across better than if I still used Word.

So, some things that slow me down during my writing process i'd like to solve so I can type and finish 10 page essays even faster:

1. Why isn't the letter "I" capitalized? Unless I specifically pressed shift when I type the letter "I" it remains small. I remember when I had a PC "I" would be capitalized if it was alone.

2. Also, the word "I'm." Since I was a kid I remember typing "i'm" without it telling me it was a spelling error but Apple tells me unless it's capitalized it's wrong. Not a big deal but i've been accustomed now to typing "I'm" capitalized even in the middle of a sentence. Is this correct grammar? Most professors don't make a fuss about it but some actually have, telling me to correct it.

3. How can I add footnotes to my essays?

4. Finally, any good Pages guides online besides the lame video tutorials on the Apple site? I feel those tips are for people that have never used a typing program before.

2. Ashka macrumors 6502a

Ashka

Pages > Preferences > Fix Capitalisation.

It is always I'm ~ short for I am and I is always a capital.

Footnotes, Yes, page 52 in the User Guide. Pages from iWork'09.

The Pages User Guide is available under Help on the Menu Bar ~ you can download as pdf which you can search using Preview.
    S.