Pages, (etc.) Folders missing in iCloud Drive

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by thmsup, Oct 29, 2015.

1. thmsup macrumors member

Hi there,

there are a couple of threads with a similar problem, but the solutions doesn't seem to be working for me.

The folders of all the Apple-apps (Pages, Numbers, Preview... but also Folders of third-party apps like Scanner Pro by Readdle) are not showing up in my iCloud Drive. The only folders and files are the ones I created myself.
    Also, if I try to locate, say a Numbers spreadsheet via Numbers itself ("open document"), Numbers tries to find the the Numbers folder in iCloud Drive but then there is the annoying "iCloud Drive configuration...."-screen which never ends - I even let it rund over night.

Turning off iCloud in the Settings > Reboot > turning iCloud back on seems to fix the problem, since El Cap starts to download all the files again, but after a couple of hours the files are gone again and I would have to do the procedure again.

I also tried to reset my wifi settings (read that it might help --> nothing!). Weird thing is, on my iPhone, iPad and on iCloud.com all my files show up.

I am using a MacBook Pro (early 2011) with El Cap (10.11.1).

Does anyone have the same problem or an idea how to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

2. thmsup thread starter macrumors member

Well, thats just weird.

After almost 2 weeks of having problems with the "Apple"-iCloud-folders, they are still there after rebooting and stuff (after a whole day of working with the Mac).

But now the folders and documents I created myself are gone. Not to be found in iCloud Drive. In the web version on iCloud.com I can still see them, tho.

Anyone knows something about that?