Pages Export to PDF Turns Document into Oversized in Adobe Reader?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by YoYoMa, Sep 9, 2012.

1. YoYoMa macrumors 6502

So I've put my resume together in Pages because the formatting options are better than in Word. However were I to do a Word export, much of the formatting wouldn't translate properly.

So I did a PDF export instead, however for some reason, Adobe reader sees it as an oversized document for printing, and then defaults to the attached "Shrink Oversized Pages" option, which adds a large margin around the document when printed, and significantly shrinks the content.

My question is, does anyone know why this happens, and/or know of a way to get the default option to be "Actual Size". The people I send the resume to will surly use the default print options unfortunately.

Attached Files:

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

I note that you are opening your PDFs in Windows. On the Mac, at least, every Adobe Acrobat application I know opens documents to display at the largest viewable size. However, the PDF itself is normal. On the print side, Adobe Acrobat defaults to reducing documents to 95% of nominal size to fit within my printer margins.

Takeaway message: What you are experiencing appears to be Adobe Reader's behaving the way that Adobe designed it to behave.

3. YoYoMa thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the response. That's a bit disappointing as it would mean I'd have to create my resume in Word if I want to be sure that it wouldl appear properly. Anyone. Know of a workaround, or a good way to ensure Word doesn't mess up the formatting on export?

4. YoYoMa thread starter macrumors 6502

FYI, found out how to fix this. You have to have Acrobat. You go to properties, then the advanced tab, and set "Page Scaling" to none. Then save and you're all set.