Pages font question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tsl90, Jul 29, 2007.

1. tsl90 macrumors member

New to Mac so please bear with me if this seems obvious.

Trying to make a document that includes open squares that I can use as a "checkbox". I can do that on my PC, but can't find a font that will do this or another way to get a small box in the document.

Thanks in advance.

TL

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Try Zapf Dingbats with an 'O', that one has a drop shadow.
    Wingdings has Option+R for a little square.

3. kiwi-in-uk macrumors 6502a

Depends on how you want to do it.

- As Blue Velvet said, you have a couple of options if you want to use fonts.

- Or ... have a look at the Pages "Evaluation" template. It has lots of little squares (shapes). Just copy and paste.

- Or ... use a text list with image bullets - several options in there. (start a line of text in your document, click inspector to open it, click T (text), click List, click the bullets drop-down, click Image Bullets, then scroll through to find some squares)

4. tsl90 thread starter macrumors member

5. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Also depends on whether you want to be able to check the boxes in Pages or by hand on printed copies. If the former, you'll need to create an object, presumably with a square shape (objects menu in the task bar). Select the object and use the inspector to set the fill color and line weight. You'll probably also want to set the wrap to "fixed on page" as opposed to "moves with text." You can also apply a type style to the box. Now you can type any character you like in the box. This takes a bit of effort to set up obviously but once the first check-box object is created, you can easily duplicate it as often as needed.