Pages for iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by AppleCrisp, Mar 30, 2011.

1. AppleCrisp macrumors member

Hey, being a first time iPad buyer, I was wondering what the general consensus is on Pages for ipad among people who have had it now for a while.

Thanks!

2. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

It's fine? Apple continues to support it and it gets better...

3. physicsguy13 macrumors 6502

physicsguy13

If you are creating documents on the iPad, I really like Pages. If you are hoping to use it to edit existing Word documents then there are probably some better options like QuickOffice HD.

4. GeekPill macrumors member

I bought all of the iWork products for iPad just to have. If you need more formatting that Notes doesn't provide you then buy it if not use Google Docs or Notes.

5. v66jack macrumors 6502a

v66jack

Agreed iWork is great if all your work is in iWork. If like me have to work on word aswelll, pages and the iWork software is not so great. You will get all sorts of formatting issues when transferring documents. In my experience it's quicker to just use word than try and get it to all look right in word, move it to pages then move back to word.

Office 2011 for mac however is excellent, I'm hoping Microsoft gobble up their pride and make an office suite for iPad. Then this would be a viable product for actually doing work on. Until then it's just for angry birds and email.

I love it none the less though.

6. TheWheelMan macrumors 6502a

TheWheelMan

For writing short stories and novel manuscripts it's fine, and has some great features once you get used to the interface.

7. tbobmccoy macrumors 6502a

tbobmccoy

They've got onenote for iPhone... I'd love some office for iPad.

8. 26.2 macrumors member

Used it once. Not a fan. Anything more than a sentence, and I want my laptop. So waste of money for me.

9. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Entirely depends on what purpose you want to use it for. If you want to write a quick letter or memo it will get the job done. It good if you want to start a first draft of a longer paper too (assuming you are using a real kbd). But it's too basic for any writing that requires notations or attributions or needs any other specialized formatting.

But it's $10 so if you are remotely interested in it buy it, try it. You'll find some use for it even if it's not a go-to app. And if you don't it's no huge loss.

10. Amazing Iceman macrumors 68040

Amazing Iceman

I bought QuickOffice first, thinking I would be able to do it all on the iPad, but I was wrong.
    Then I bought Pages and Numbers, which I now use a lot. I teamed it with a free WebDAV service (www.my drive.ch) to be able to move files around into ReaddleDocs and back to my MAC, which acts as my main file manager.

I haven't purchased Keynote yet, as I haven't really needed it. I'll get it when I have to.

Unlike the other office suites, iWork for iPad allow you to insert graphics into your images, create charts in Numbers, have flexible formatting (not perfect, but best so far).