Pages Frustration

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by johan1391, May 24, 2010.

1. johan1391 macrumors newbie

So,
    I'm writing a chemistry lab and subsequently have to use subscripts and superscripts heavily. I'm new to pages and just started my lab, however, I put sub/super-script into my toolbar for easy access and what not. I click this to for a chemical equation and it WON'T get out of subscript. Yes, I know you can use Format>Font>Base>Use Default but if that is the only way to get out of subscript then I won't be able to use pages. It will take far too long for that, in Word you just click the subscript a second time and the text comes out of subscript, but in pages it just stays. WHAT CAN I DO!?

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Learn to use your new software or revert to your old software. To superscript your text in Pages:
    1. Type text.
    2. Select text to be superscripted.
    3. Press [ctrl]+[shift]+[ + ] or select the Format/Font>Baseline>Superscript menu item.

3. johan1391 thread starter macrumors newbie

No, you don't understand it STAYS superscripted until i revert it back to default. It should not be this difficult, there should be a way so that it goes back to normal.

4. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Just out of curiosity, and since it is a lazy afternoon, I tried to replicate your problem:

If I don't click the superscript icon again it continues as superscript.
    So, as you do in Word, just click the superscript icon again. It reverts to "normal".
    Unless I also don't understand your problem… seems to work fine.

5. johan1391 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, that is exactly what I am doing, however, it will not revert back to normal for me. I continue to press the super/sub-script button but it stays in whichever (sub/super) that I put it in. It is so frustrating, I had to write my whole lab using the superscript and then going to format>font>Baseline>Default which is a pain in the ass. Should I re-install pages or is there a way to get everything back to it's standard state?

6. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

From everything that you described, Pages is working fine. Reinstalling can't fix what isn't broken.

7. ..-. macrumors newbie

johan1391, yeah, I tried it too and it works fine. I moved the buttons to the toolbar. I typed some text, clicked superscript and typed some superscripted text. I clicked the superscript button a 2nd time and typed text in default mode. Same thing with subscript. :confused:

Are you using version 09?

Frank