pages header format

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by gojiji, Dec 29, 2007.

1. gojiji macrumors newbie

I am new to Pages. I opened the Research Paper template and when I changed the margins to 1.5" on the left instead of 1" (to fit my school's format), the header changed. It started out like this:

Report Name {spring} My Name Page Number

The {spring} indicates a large white space. After changing the margins the header became this:

Report Name
    My Name Page Number

I checked Pages Help and the User Guide, but I still don't know how to reformat it so that it has only one line with the Report Name on the left and My Name and Page Number on the right (like it originally was). How do I do that?

Many thanks,

gojiji

2. PeggyD macrumors 6502a

The easiest way to figure out what is going on is to show layout & invisibles. Your name field is aligned on a right tab that appears to be flush against the right margin. With the cursor in the header, click on the left-facing triangle (the right tab) & drag it a half inch to the left. Now, when you increase the left margin, the header will stay on one line.

You could also adjust the tab placement in the text inspector > tabs. Again, have the cursor in the header when you make the changes.

3. gojiji thread starter macrumors newbie