Pages Headers

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by swwack91, Jun 9, 2008.

1. swwack91 macrumors 6502a

I'm working on a screenplay in Pages and using the "Numbered Scene Heading" style that's provided in the screenplay template for my scene headings.

I'm wondering if there's a way to insert into the header the scene that's on that page based on the scene number.

I think it may be possible just because Pages knows to automatically number the scenes by every time the heading appears.

Example: "Scene 8" in the header

Ideas?

2. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

If I understand your question, and I'm not sure I do, then I think you need to insert a section break between each scene and set the headers to be not continuous from the previous section.

3. swwack91 thread starter macrumors 6502a

but how would i get that into the header of every page?

i mean i want to do this alongside the auto page number in the header.

4. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Headers are automatically included on every page. If that's not the answer, then I am confused by your question.

5. swwack91 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ok look.

I'm writing a screenplay and obviously, scenes run several pages in length. I'd really like if i can automatically insert into the document's header what scene was on that page.

the reason i think this may be possible is because Pages automatically numbers the scenes based on when i turn on the "Scene Heading" style.

6. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Not automatically, no. The only automatic numbering available is page numbering and list numbering. I can't imagine what kind of magic would be required for Pages to guess what number to include in the header. You need section breaks. This will produce the results you are after, but you will need to type the info you want in the header and uncheck "use previous header & footer" in the Inspector for each new section break.