Pages: How do I reduce the size of a single spreadsheet row?

Discussion in 'macOS High Sierra (10.13)' started by Miqs, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Miqs macrumors member

Miqs

I have a spreadsheet with data entered but I now want to reduce the size of a row to create a small gutter between rows. Is this possible? I am using Pages 6.3.1.

2. Moakesy macrumors regular

Moakesy

Pages or Numbers?

Numbers would be the spreadsheet app. Put the mouse over the top edge of the row you want to resize (in the margin) and click/drag it to the size you want.

3. Miqs thread starter macrumors member

Miqs

Thanks. I achieved what I wanted by reducing the text size to one and then the cell depth to 8pt which resulted in a simple spreadsheet for text. I admit I used Pages and not Numbers which to be honest I didn't know about at the time. However I tested the theory of reducing a line depth (to form a double line or gutter) and found that both Pages and Numbers had the same limitations i.e. you can only reduce a line depth to a limit of 8/9points. I could not find a way of manually dragging a line to a custom size as as you suggest and a feature in MS Excel as I remember. It is admittedly some years since I used Excel in a detailed way. If there is a way please let me know.

4. Krayzkat macrumors 6502a

Krayzkat

In Numbers you can adjust the the rows and columns easily just like on Excell by drag and dropping to suit, or by highlighting and manually setting a value.

5. kylew1212 macrumors regular

There are limitations in Numbers compared to Excel, but resizing a row/column isn't one.

In both Numbers and Excel the table makes a grid with the end of the grid being either at the top of the page or left of the page. A row would be the left page where a column would be the top. You can then click and drag the line to resize a column or grid.