"Pages" in full screen and Spaces - problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by lars666, May 18, 2009.

1. lars666 macrumors 6502a

Hi everybody,

I use "Pages" and would like to keep it in Space 2 in fullscreen modus. However, whenever I change spaces, the fullscreen disappears and my Pages window even automatically is brought back to Space 1. Anyone else able to keep a Pages document in full screen modus in one of his/her Spaces? If yes, please let me know. Thanks in advance!!

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

hmmmm, just tried that and I can see why it is annoying, especially it following the spaces around.

Not sure of a way round it apart from using Snow Leopard when it comes out. You can attribute apps to individual spaces and they will always open in that space. Perhaps submit a bug report to Apple...

3. lars666 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hi stridemat,

thanks for your answer. Really seems to be a bug, I don't think Apple wants to prevent keeping it in fullscreen on purpose. Guess I have to wait for an iWork/Pages update ...

4. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Someone else might come up with a suggestion that may help.

5. JediMeister macrumors 68040

If you set Pages to Space 2 in the Expose & Spaces system preferences, go into fullscreen, and then switch Spaces (using the keyboard shortcut I'm assuming), it'll remain in Space 2 but it won't stay in fullscreen. Not sure if this is what you're looking for.

Oops, looks like I need to work on my reading comprehension since stridemat already reported that....

6. lars666 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hi JediMeister, thanks for your answer. Yeah, this is a possibility to at least keep the window in Space 2, but the main thing for me is that it stays fullscreen. As suspected, it probably is a bug, but an annoying one, as this is an Apple program which I expect to work with Spaces ... Quite surprised that nobody else seems to bothers this as my Google search didn't showed up much. Probably not many people use the fullscreen modus ...

7. ciaran00 macrumors 6502

Still happens to be a problem.

Also, Word 2k11 will stay in the same space, but loses Full Screen mode.

Can't wait for Lion!

On a side note, VMWare stays full screen and plays well with Spaces.

8. rekhyt macrumors 65816

... A persistent full screen mode will probably be the only thing I'll be looking forward to for Lion. :| It seems that we are losing a lot of our privileges as users in Lion.