Pages- Insert Different Starting Page

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by gumballpat, Jul 13, 2010.

1. gumballpat macrumors newbie

This is an issue w/ every word processor I've ever tried to replace Word w/- the only reason I still use it is because it has an easy way to start a new chapter w/ a page number other than one. I am very saddened to see that Pages is also incredibly complicated in what should be a simple task.

I write novels. I prefer to have my chapters as their own document. I am not interested in "master documents" or any of the Open Office "solutions" that were so annoying (and confusing). When starting a new chapter- let's say "Chapter Five"- if Chapter Four ended on page 126, obviously Five should start on 127. I have spent the last hour trying to figure out how to do this, on several different message boards. Can it be done or not? I can't believe MS is the only company in the world to make this an easy task- of all companies to make something "easy". Word is my last piece of ANY MS software- I'd love to be done w/ it, and Pages looks great and is very, very intuitive- but this issue has driven me nuts for years. Again, I am not interested in any solution other than what I'm asking about. If it can't be done, I will continue to use Word, although I've paid for Pages and really feel suckered by this.

2. PeggyD macrumors 6502a

You can start any document or section in a document with any page number you like. Get to know Pages' inspector. You'll find this particular setting in the layout inspector's section tab.

Attached Files: