Pages: insert multiple bullets in a single line

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by aaronvan, Feb 18, 2014.

1. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

I am writing my resume and would like to insert multiple bullets horizontally in the same line on text as in the sample resume below. However, Pages 5.1 considers each bullet a new line. Is there a way to achieve this formatting? (I can't resist saying it: this is easy in Word.) Thanks. :)

Attached Files:

2. chabig macrumors 68040

That looks pretty easy. Just insert a table with one row and make each column into a bulleted list.

3. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

Thanks, that worked! I built a table, added the bullets, and the hid the table lines. Good advice, thanks.

4. mtngoatjoe macrumors regular

mtngoatjoe

Another way to do this is to insert two or more text boxes across the page and then put a bullet list inside each one.

I'm not sure what the practical difference is between this and creating a table, but it does work. The text box borders are invisible, but depending on placement, the body text can flow around them. A table would move depending on text added or deleted above it, but the text boxes remain fixed.

I'm thinking using the table is easier, but the text boxes could allow for some interesting creativity.